Saturday 7 December 2013

Local BRAMBLINGS

I decided yesterday to have a walk round Ivinghoe Beacon CP area as there is only so many times you can look at the same Water Pipit!
Having seen a large flock of Chaffinches as I drove up I walked a short distance down the hill
and soon connected with a few Brambling.

Today I called in at College Lake and was soon joined, by chance, by Ed Griffith.
Just before he arrived, I and one other had a Water Rail fly into the island to the left
of the 'overlook' from the visitor centre. Also on the far right tip of the island was a Snipe
with a partially concealed JACK SNIPE close to it. Walking clockwise approaching the June Ives
Hide we had a flock of 6 Bullfinches (3 males). Nothing of note seen from the hide but a 
pleasant walk followed by a cup of tea and a free mince pie!  - Francis Buckle

No comments: