Tuesday 19 October 2010

12 October - male HEN HARRIER - Ivinghoe

Driving up to the Beacon at c09.00 this morning (12 October) I saw Mike Wallen at the 'S' bend who waved and came over and told me what a fantastic morning he had had! He mentioned there was a RING OUZEL in a bush on the slopes above the sheep pens so Chris King and I made our way there and were watching it when I noticed a slim fairly large BOB at about 300yds flying towards the Beacon Car Park. I quickly got Chris on it and 'phoned Mike Wallen. It was a male HEN HARRIER and Mike made his way to the CP but before he was able to get there it veered away and flew out of sight down the valley. We carried on up the slope and watched another ouzel (a bright male) feeding in grass on the slope. Further on we had two together in a bush and another on the slopes across the road from the 'S' bend (so at least 3). Many Skylarks and Redwings on the slopes above the sheep pens (Francis Buckle)

No comments: