Sunday 27 March 2011

OSPREY fishes at Tringford

This evening at 6:35pm Steve Rodwell watched an OSPREY heading towards Tringford from Wilstone and thanks to a quick phone call I managed to park by the highpoint on the Little Tring Road to watch it circling Tringford. As it appeared to be lingering I decided to drive round and park on the road by Marsworth Reservoir, and whilst driving along Wiggles Lane I could see it through my drivers side window as it was just above the tree tops. By the time I arrived at Tringford it was hovering and actively looking for fish and made one abortive dive; however, just as I was about to text everyone it decided to move to Startops and then Marsworth. After a short while it returned to Tringford where it continued to fish, by standing on the bank I had fantastic views as it circled overhead on several occasions. Eventually it plunged into the water and then sat there wings open for a short while before taking off with a trout. It then proceeded to do several low circuits of the lake before disappearing behind the trees opposite the hide. I didn't see it reappear the other side but may have flown out low over the fields but it didn't look like it was going very far (David Bilcock)

No comments: